Today officially marks the 1 year anniversary of Lenny Polls! To celebrate I’m going to give you a little history and review some of my favorite polls.
A Brief History of Lenny Polls
I started doing political polls during the 2016 election primary in 2015 on my main personal twitter account. I would ask people about candidates, political parties, issue questions, popularity polls and things like that. I was really hyper political and used my account mostly for that purpose.
Out of the blue someone asked me a silly question about sandwiches. So I made a poll about it. I got a pretty large reception and lots of people were responding by the new (at the time) .gif search feature added to Twitter. Lots of banter was had with goofy .gif wars starting up. Lots of sarcastic extremism about meats and so forth. Lots of heated but friendly banter was thrown about and and most importantly it was just a lot of fun for everyone. And this was at a time where everyone were reverently arguing about politics and blocking people and threats and rage and the world is going to end. I did a silly poll a week and people liked it enough that I started doing them in closer intervals.
I thought to myself “What if we can have this much fun on Twitter everyday?” Maybe we can bridge the gap between people who normally yell at each other. Maybe, just maybe I can get people on opposite sides of the political spectrums to come together in a celebration of stupid shit? At that moment. Lenny Polls was born.
Lenny Polls on Twitter is a non political zone, where people from Republicans and Democrats, Trump supporters and Hillary lovers, Socialists, Conservatives, Moderates, Christians, Muslims, Jews, and even a few Vegans all participate in silly stupid polls where they often throw silly .gifs at each other and have a general good time. There is always the occasional asshole that makes some rude comments (usually a newbie or try hard), or political statements but for the most part it’s a pretty good success.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t give our very own Tiff a huge shout out for helping me out for a few months along the way with Tiff’s Daily Poll.
2600 Followers and counting. Some of our latest polls have really been pushing the vote totals higher and higher. I never thought I’d be posting Lenny Polls a year later but here I am. 3 Polls (on average) every single day for one year to the date. That’s a little over 1000 Polls and counting.
Some of My Favorite Polls
- Crispy 52%, 594 votes594 votes 52%594 votes - 52% of all votes
- Yes please 20%, 229 votes229 votes 20%229 votes - 20% of all votes
- Medium 18%, 206 votes206 votes 18%206 votes - 18% of all votes
- Chewy 10%, 114 votes114 votes 10%114 votes - 10% of all votes
Mel Brooks Movies
- Blazing Saddles 50%, 116 votes116 votes 50%116 votes - 50% of all votes
- Young Frankenstein 26%, 59 votes59 votes 26%59 votes - 26% of all votes
- Spaceballs 17%, 39 votes39 votes 17%39 votes - 17% of all votes
- History of the World 7%, 17 votes17 votes 7%17 votes - 7% of all votes
We even Predicted the Super Bowl Winner!
- Philadelphia Eagles 60%, 347 votes347 votes 60%347 votes - 60% of all votes
- New England Patriots 40%, 231 vote231 vote 40%231 vote - 40% of all votes
Important Questions were Answered
- Is a Christmas Movie 55%, 105 votes105 votes 55%105 votes - 55% of all votes
- Is not a Christmas Movie 45%, 86 votes86 votes 45%86 votes - 45% of all votes
The Results are Often Unexpected
- Team Soft 49%, 156 votes156 votes 49%156 votes - 49% of all votes
- Team Crunchy 47%, 150 votes150 votes 47%150 votes - 47% of all votes
- Team Communist(Anti-Taco) 4%, 13 votes13 votes 4%13 votes - 4% of all votes
In the end only one Champion is Left Standing
- Chuck Norris 59%, 70 votes70 votes 59%70 votes - 59% of all votes
- Darth Vader 41%, 48 votes48 votes 41%48 votes - 41% of all votes
Today’s Polls are all reruns to re experience some of the old fun and give me a little breather from making up new content every single day. maybe the results will be vastly different?
- Hell Yes. Destroy it all! 52%, 80 votes80 votes 52%80 votes - 52% of all votes
- No. I love Pumpkin Spice! 27%, 42 votes42 votes 27%42 votes - 27% of all votes
- I eat paste. 21%, 33 votes33 votes 21%33 votes - 21% of all votes
- Gun 42%, 65 votes65 votes 42%65 votes - 42% of all votes
- Knife 31%, 49 votes49 votes 31%49 votes - 31% of all votes
- Duct Tape 18%, 28 votes28 votes 18%28 votes - 18% of all votes
- 6 Pack 9%, 14 votes14 votes 9%14 votes - 9% of all votes
Retro Sci-fi Battle Royale
- Godzilla 50%, 66 votes66 votes 50%66 votes - 50% of all votes
- King Kong 29%, 39 votes39 votes 29%39 votes - 29% of all votes
- Ultraman 14%, 19 votes19 votes 14%19 votes - 14% of all votes
- Gort 7%, 9 votes9 votes 7%9 votes - 7% of all votes
Feel free to vote, comment on the poll choices, and post your own answers below. Image posting permissions are enabled in the comments section so long as they are not abused.
This is an open thread