President Biden’s public schedule for 02/06/2024:
Presidential Daily Brief
|The President receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
The White House Closed Press
|Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre
James S. Brady Press Briefing Room
Black History Month Reception
|The President and The First Lady host a reception in recognition of Black History Month; The President and The Vice President deliver remarks; The Second Gentleman attends
East Room Pre-Credentialed Media & Pooled for TV
Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre @1:30 p.m. D.C., time:
President Biden and The First Lady Host a Reception in Recognition of Black History Month @5:30 p.m. D.C., time:
Junk Fee Tweet
Have you ever bought tickets for a big game based on one price, but then noticed it ticked up at checkout due to hidden fees?— President Biden (@POTUS) February 5, 2024
Economists call that "drip pricing" and companies use it to rip you off.
Under my Administration, we're putting an end to those hidden junk fees.
Junk fees are bad…
Bipartisan Border Deal Tweet
Our bipartisan national security agreement allows the U.S. to continue our vital work to stand up for Ukraine’s freedom and support its defense.— President Biden (@POTUS) February 5, 2024
If we don’t stop Putin’s appetite for control, he won’t limit himself to just Ukraine and the costs for America will rise.
We've reached an agreement on a bipartisan national security deal that includes the toughest and fairest set of border reforms in decades.— President Biden (@POTUS) February 6, 2024
For too long, going back decades, the immigration system has been broken.
Here's how we start to fix it. pic.twitter.com/pdXK0y9rNg
The PDF of the Bipartisan National Security Supplement Bill is 370 pages long.
- FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Calls on Congress to Immediately Pass the Bipartisan National Security Agreement
Shortly, I'll address Americans regarding the bipartisan national security deal and why it's important that this bill is passed and sent to my desk as soon as possible.— President Biden (@POTUS) February 6, 2024
President Biden Delivers Remarks on the Emergency National Security Supplemental Appropriations Act @11:45 a.m. D.C., time:
King Charles III Tweet
Navigating a cancer diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship takes hope and absolute courage.— President Biden (@POTUS) February 5, 2024
Jill and I join the people of the United Kingdom in praying that His Majesty experiences a swift and full recovery.
Monday the Royal Family announced that King Charles III has been diagnosed with cancer.
During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.
His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.
The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.
His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.Royal.UK. 02/05/2024.
Cancer sucks. I wish him a speedy recovery.
“New” from the White House…
- Letter to the Speaker of the House and President pro tempore of the Senate consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148)
- Remarks by President Biden During Greet with MGM Resorts Management and Culinary Leaders | Las Vegas, NV
- Remarks by President Biden in Press Gaggle | Las Vegas, NV
- FACT SHEET: As Affordable Connectivity Program Hits Milestone of Providing Affordable High-Speed Internet To 23 Million Households Nationwide, Biden-Harris Administration Calls on Congress to Extend Its Funding
- U.S.-Colombia Joint Communique: The United States and Colombia Reaffirm Their Shared Commitments to Advancing Shared Regional Goals
- FACT SHEET: The Biden-Harris Administration Advances Equity and Opportunity for Black Americans and Communities Across the Country
This is an Open Thread.