Let’s take a drive through Arizona to find some Weird State Laws! Read to the end to see who’s weird law theory won for QOTN!
- It is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.
- Hunting Camels is illegal.
- It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than. one missing tooth visible while smiling.
- It is illegal to refuse someone a glass of water.
- A decree declares that if a person is caught stealing soap they must wash with it until it is all used up.
- Shining a large beacon into the sky is unlawful.
- It is illegal to wear suspenders.
- No more than six women can live in a house together in Maricopa County.
- In El Mirage clotheslines are illegal.
- If you cut down a sagauro cactus you can face up to 25 years in prison.
- You cannot spit in Goodyear without facing serious consequences.
- You can go to prison for selling fake drugs.
- Cards may not be played in the street with a Native American.
- No one is permitted to ride their horse up the stairs of the Prescott County courthouse.
Just remember folks, only bring your white/black/latino friends to play cards – Native Americans be damned. I feel like they are used to that, though… And by God, only sell real heroine.
AND THE WINNER OF THE QOTN IS…*drumroll*
SuZQ! Plus bonus points for a related story!