Let’s take a drive through California to find some Weird State Laws! Read to the end to see who’s weird law theory won for QOTN!
As it seems Arkansas has the same weird laws that Arizona does, except for the fact that it’s illegal to say “Arkansas” wrong, so we are going to break California up into two parts because boy, do they have a lot of weird laws!
- Bowling on the sidewalk is illegal.
- Detonating a nuclear devise within city limits results in a $500 fine.
- It’s illegal to cry on the witness stand.
- One may not use one’s own restroom if the window is open.
- Community leaders passed a bill that states it is illegal for anyone to stop a child from playfully jumping in puddles.
- Sandboxes may not be used as ashtrays.
- No one may annoy a lizard in a city park.
- It is illegal to drive more than 2,000 sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.
- It is illegal to use a mouse trap without a hunting license.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- One must seek written permission from the Director of Public Works before playing baseball in a city park.
- You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
- Nobody is allowed to ride a bike in a swimming pool.
- It’s against regulations to let phones ring more than nine time in state offices.
- No vehicles may exceed 60 mph without a driver present.
- Persons may not drive their bicycles through the Fountain of Life in Cathedral City.
- It’s against the law to hold a private Bingo game.
- Elementary schools may not host poker tournaments.
- It’s illegal for a trumpet player to play his instrument with the intent of luring someone to a store.
- It’s illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than two inches without her consent.
- You may not hunt moths under a streetlight.
- Toads must not be licked.
$500. A nuclear de- what? In the city lim- huh? I can’t.
THE WINNER OF THE QOTN IS…*drum roll*
NCMountainGirl coming in with a insanely accurate theory!