Let’s take a drive through Connecticut to find some Weird State Laws!
- In Atwoodville, it is prohibited to play Scrabble while waiting for a politician to speak
- Town records may not be kept where liquor is sold
- You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour
- In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce
- In New Britain it is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph
- In Bloomfield it is illegal to eat in your car
- It is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public highway
- In Hartford it is illegal for a married couple to kiss in public on Sundays
- Politicians are not allowed to campaign at a town dump
- In Devon it is illegal to walk backwards after sunset
- Only white Christmas lights are allowed for display
- In Hartford you are not allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands
- You may not educate dogs
- In Rocky Hill, an arcade may not have more than a total of four amusement devices such as ping-pong tables, pinball machines, or shuffleboard tables
- It is illegal to dress like a clown with the intent to cause alarm
- In Waterbury, it is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer
- In Willamantic, Horses are not allowed out on the streets and highways at night unless the animal has a “bright” red taillight securely attached to its rump
It is illegal to dress like a clown with the intent to cause alarm. Hello everybody, I’d like to make an announcement. I will be moving to Connecticut RIGHT. NOW.
And the winner of the QOTN is *Drum roll*
Question of the night: What are your theories to explain how these laws got put on the books?
Sources: Fun Laws 50, Forest Grove Weird Laws, Only In Your State Connecticut