Let’s take a drive through Michigan to find some weird state laws. For all my Ohioans, there are paper bags in the back seat, we have fire crackers that you may through at anyone wearing a Michigan t-shirt. On our trip we will be listening to a 12 hour loop of “Don’t give a damn about the whole state of Michigan”.
Tune in next Friday to find this weekends comment highlights!
- Any person 12 years and older can have a license for a handgun so long as that person has not been convicted of a felony
- In Detroit, it’s illegal to scowl at a woman
- A wife’s hair legally belongs to her husband
- In Detroit, it’s against the law to willfully destroy an old radio
- A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission
- In Detroit, it is illegal to sleep in a bathtub
- In South Haven, it’s illegal to throw an abandoned hoop skirt onto the street or sidewalk. Violators will receive a five-dollar fine
- In Detroit, Alligators are not allowed to be tied to a fire hydrant
- It is illegal to cuss in front of women or children
- In Harper Woods, It’s against the law to paint sparrows and sell them as parakeets
- People must not be drunk on trains
- Pigs cannot run free in Detroit unless they have a ring in their nose
- in Kalamazoo, It’s illegal to serenade your girlfriend
- No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or he risks five years in prison.
- In Clawson, Farmers are allowed to sleep with their farm animals
- In Rochester, all bathing suits need to be inspected by the chief of police
- Robbers can file a lawsuit if he or she is injured on your property
- Adultery is illegal, but can only be enforced when the affected husband or wife makes a complaint
- In the city of Niles, you must exit your car on the sidewalk side of the car
“In Detroit, Alligators are not allowed to be tied to a fire hydrant” On today’s episode of where not to go if you have an alligator. “It is illegal to cuss in front of women or children” If you are the only woman around a group of men, are you allowed to cuss? “In Harper Woods, It’s against the law to paint sparrows and sell them as parakeets” It’s the fact that someone fell for this is what’s amusing to me. “In Clawson, Farmers are allowed to sleep with their farm animals” But who doesn’t want to cuddle up to a sheep at night? That’s what they mean,… right? “In Rochester, all bathing suits need to be inspected by the chief of police” Get him a t-shirt that says “Bikini Inspector”. “In the city of Niles, you must exit your car on the sidewalk side of the car” Safety wise, this seems like a very respectable law!
Questions of the night:
- What are your best theories to explain these weird laws?
- If you were dictator for a day, what law would you create?
- If you were dictator for a day, what law would you abolish?