The Finale of the weekend!
OHIO. My home sweet home. Home to corn everywhere, cedar point, intense football fanatics, questionable sushi, and overcompensating trucks, Oh my, let’s not forget the Wright Brothers, no one is allowed to forget them. Let’s take a drive through my home state of Ohio to find some weird laws!
Let’s take a stroll through the poll section so we can decide the best worst laws of each state for our finale!
The embodiment of this beautiful state
- In Cleveland, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license
- In Columbus, it’s illegal for stores to sell Corn Flakes on Sunday
- In North Canton, it’s illegal to roller skate without notifying the police
- In Fairview Park, it’s illegal to honk your horn “excessively”
- In Toledo, it’s illegal to throw a snake at anybody.
- It’s illegal to kill a housefly withing 160 feet of a church without a license
- In Canton, it’s a misdemeanor to play any game in a public park without the Superintendent’s permission
- In Lima, any map that doesn’t have Lima clearly stated on it may not be sold
- In Oxford, it’s illegal to drive around the town square more than 100 times consecutively
- It’s illegal to spit on the sidewalks in Oxford
- In Youngstown, it’s illegal to ride on the top of a taxi cab
- In McDonald, your duck may not parade town Ohio Ave.
- Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes
- It’s illegal to fish for whales on Sunday
- It’s illegal to get a fish drunk
- The Ohio Driver’s Education Manual states that you must honk your horn whenever you pass another car
- It’s illegal for five women to live in a house together
- In Akron, it’s illegal to post signs at swimming pools
- In Akron, it’s illegal to display colored chickens for sale
- In Bay Village, it’s illegal to walk your cow down Lake Rd.
- In Bexely, the installation and usage of slot machines in Outhouses is prohibited
- In Canton, if someone loses their pet tiger, they must notify the police within one hour
- You may not run out of gas
- No one may be arrested on Sunday, or Fourth of July
99% sure my uncle lives in Toledo so nobody can throw a snake at him. He is petrified of them… “It’s illegal to fish for whales on Sunday” LAND. LOCKED. “The Ohio Driver’s Education Manual states that you must honk your horn whenever you pass another car” I talked to some old Ohioans (Hi Mom) and this was indeed correct, although not anymore. “In Akron, it’s illegal to post signs at swimming pools” I’m going to be honest, Akron is just weird.