Let’s take a drive through the wild west capitol and home to the largest living organism (I thought that was me on a fat day…) to find some weird laws!
Taking a break from the polls tonight so be sure to hit up the QOTN!
- Dishes must drip dry
- In Myrtle Creek, one may not box with a kangaroo
- It’s illegal for a wedding ceremony to be performed at a roller rink
- In Hood River, juggling is strictly prohibited without a license
- Ministers are not allowed to eat onion nor garlic before a sermon
- It’s illegal to used canned corn as fishing bait
- In Springfield, it’s illegal to own a reptile
- It’s illegal to wear roller skates in the bathroom
- It’s illegal for two or more people to share a drink
- It’s illegal to obstruct the flow of a water fountain
- In Portland, it’s illegal to whistle under water
- In Portland, it’s illegal to walk down the street with your shoes untied
- In Marion, it’s illegal to eat a doughnut while walking backwards on a city street
- In Yamhill, it’s illegal to predict the future
- It’s illegal to whisper “dirty” things into your lover’s ear during times of intimacy
- A car door may not be left open longer than is necessary
- Babies cannot be carried on the running boards of a car
- Ice cream may not be consumed on Sundays
Well those are certainly some weird laws.
QOTN: What are your best theories to explain why these laws were put into effect?
Sources: Forest Grove Weird Laws, Only in Your State OR, Only in Your State OR 2