In the spirit of spooky month, let’s go through a list of serial killer characteristics that can be so vague it will make you think everyone you know could be a serial killer!
But remember, there are only approximately 13 active serial killers at one time so don’t go to crazy with your lists!
- They tend to come from remarkably unstable families
- Their families often have criminal, psychiatric and alcoholic histories
- They are often abandoned by their fathers and raised by domineering, intimidating mothers
- They are commonly abused as children — psychologically, physically and sexually. Often by a family member
- Many serial killers spend time in institutions as children and have records of early psychiatric problems
- They have high rates of suicide attempts
- From an early age, many are intensely interested in voyeurism, fetishism, and sado-masochistic pornography
- More than 60 percent of serial killers wet their beds beyond the age of 12
- Many serial killers are fascinated with fire starting
- They are involved with sadistic activity or tormenting small creatures (Remember “The Macdonald Triad“??)
As a disclaimer, please do not hack onto people’s computers to see if they watch icky porn. If you do, and you get caught, definitely don’t put me down as your source, please.
All jokes aside, it may actually be spooky to realize that this list actually does remind you of someone…