E/N: Apparently, pressing the publish button is more important than I thought last night…
I decided to this a recipe for the Night Owl tonight because I just made the most amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites. Credit to fooddolls, check them out.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- (or no salt added)
- 2-3 tbsp of honey
- (Depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 cup melted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 – 2 cup mini chocolate chips
- (Semi sweet, milk, or dark, depending on what you want)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt *If using unsalted peanuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Take the rolled oats and peanuts, put them in a food processor, process until finely milled.
Add all of the dry and wet ingredients into the bowl and mix with a spatula or your hands.
Then roll into balls and chill to hold the shape.
Optionally you can melt more chocolate chips and dunk or drizzle, you can keep these treats in the fridge or in the pantry.
Enjoy and share your favorite recipes!